Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A comprehensive linkage analysis for myocardial infarction and its related risk factors.Nat Genet. 2002; 30: 210-214
- Long-term effects of in-hospital cardiac rehabilitation on the cardiac risk profile. A case-control study in pairs of siblings with myocardial infarction.Eur Heart J. 2001; 22: 1111-1118
- Executive summary of the Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III).JAMA. 2001; 285: 2486-2497
- Analysis of obesity and hyperinsulinemia in the development of metabolic syndrome.Obes Res. 2002; 10: 923-931
- Associations of indices of adiposity with atherogenic lipoprotein subfractions.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1998; 22: 432-439
- Sensitivity and specificity of anthropometrics for the prediction of diabetes in a biracial cohort.Obes Res. 2001; 9: 696-705
- Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Part 1: diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus provisional report of a WHO consultation.Diabet Med. 1998; 15: 539-553
- C-reactive protein, the metabolic syndrome, and risk of incident cardiovascular events.Circulation. 2003; 107: 391-397
- Lipoprotein lipase gene polymorphism, cholesterol subfractions and myocardial infarction in large samples of the general population.Cardiovasc Res. 2000; 47: 806-812
- Longitudinal data analysis for discrete and continuous outcomes.Biometrics. 1986; 42: 121-130
- Cardiovascular morbidity and mortality associated with the metabolic syndrome.Diabetes Care. 2001; 24: 683-689
- Association of the metabolic syndrome with history of myocardial infarction and stroke in the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination survey.Circulation. 2004; 109: 42-46
- NCEP-defined metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and prevalence of coronary heart disease among NHANES III participants age 50 years and older.Diabetes. 2003; 52: 1210-1214
- The metabolic syndrome and risk of major coronary events in the Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4S) and the Air Force/Texas Coronary Atherosclerosis Prevention Study (AFCAPS/TexCAPS).Am J Cardiol. 2004; 93: 136-141
- The metabolic syndrome and total and cardiovascular disease mortality in middle-aged men.JAMA. 2002; 288: 2709-2716
- Metabolic syndrome modifies the cardiovascular risk associated with angiographic coronary artery disease in women.Circulation. 2004; 109: 714-721
- Metabolic syndrome with and without C-reactive protein as a predictor of coronary heart disease and diabetes in the West of Scotland Coronary Prevention Study.Circulation. 2003; 108: 414-419
- Genetic susceptibility to death from coronary heart disease in a study of twins.N Engl J Med. 1994; 330: 1041-1046
- Family history as a risk factor of coronary heart disease in patients under 60 years of age.Eur Heart J. 1998; 19: 235-239
This study was supported by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG Schu672/12-1, Ho1073/8-1, and He1921/9-1), the Ernst-und Berta-Grimmke-Stiftung (Drs Hengstenberg and Schunkert), the Wilhelm-Vaillant-Stiftung (Drs Hengstenberg and Schunkert), and the Deutsche Stiftung für Herzforschung (Drs Hengstenberg, Holmer, and Schunkert), Germany.