Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
American Heart Association. Fish and omega-3 fatty acids [AHA Recommendation]. Available at: http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4632. Accessed January 27, 2006.
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service Nutrient Data Laboratory. Available at: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/. Accessed January 27, 2006.
- Dietary supplementation with n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E after myocardial infarction.Lancet. 1999; 354: 447-455
- Improvement of serum lipids and blood pressure during intervention with n-3 fatty acids was not associated with changes in insulin levels in subjects with combined hyperlipidaemia.J Intern Med. 1995; 237: 249-259
- Effect of dietary supplementation with n-3 fatty acids on coronary artery bypass graft patency.Am J Cardiol. 1996; 77: 31-36
- Safety and efficacy of Omacor in severe hypertriglyceridemia.J Cardiovasc Risk. 1997; 4: 385-391
- Alterations in serum phosphatidylcholine fatty acyl species by eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic ethyl esters in patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia.J Lipid Res. 1997; 38: 429-436
- Soluble cell adhesion molecules in hypertriglyceridemia and potential significance on monocyte adhesion.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1998; 18: 723-731
- Correlation of serum triglyceride and its reduction by omega-3 fatty acids with lipid transfer activity and the neutral lipid compositions of high-density and low-density lipoproteins.Atherosclerosis. 1999; 143: 285-297
- N-3 fatty acids do not prevent restenosis after coronary angioplasty.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 33: 1619-1626
- Omacor in familial combined hyperlipidemia.Atherosclerosis. 2000; 148: 387-396
- Postprandial chylomicrons and VLDLs in severe hypertriacylglycerolemia are lowered more effectively than are chylomicron remnants after treatment with n-3 fatty acids.Am J Clin Nutr. 2000; 71: 914-920
- The effect of concentrated n-3 fatty acids versus gemfibrozil on plasma lipoproteins, low density lipoprotein heterogeneity and oxidizability in patients with hypertriglyceridemia.Atherosclerosis. 2000; 153: 129-138
- An omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid concentrate administered for one year decreased triglycerides in simvastatin treated patients with coronary heart disease and persisting hypertriglyceridaemia.Heart. 2001; 85: 544-548
- An omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid concentrate increases plasma high-density lipoprotein 2 cholesterol and paraoxonase levels in patients with familial combined hyperlipidemia.Metabolism. 2004; 53: 153-158
- Dietary omega-3 fatty acids lower levels of platelet-derived growth factor mRNA in human mononuclear cells.Blood. 1993; 81: 1871-1879
- Serum Lp(a) lipoprotein levels in patients with coronary artery disease and the influence of long-term n-3 fatty acid supplementation.Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1995; 55: 295-300
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplements and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring parameters in patients with mild essential hypertension.J Hypertens. 1995; 13: 1823-1826
- A randomized trial of high-dose compared with low-dose omega-3 fatty acids in severe IgA nephropathy.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2001; 12: 791-799
US Department of Health and Human Resources and the US Environmental Protection Agency. What you need to know about mercury in fish and shellfish: 2004 EPA and FDA advice for: women who might become pregnant, women who are pregnant, nursing mothers, young children. Publication No. EPA-823-R-04-005. Available at: http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/∼dms/admehg3.html. Accessed January 27, 2006.
Solvay Healthcare Limited. Omacor Production. Solvay Public Omacor Website. Available at: http://www.Omacor.co.uk/pages/dykproduction.asp. Accessed January 27, 2006.
Omacor [prescribing information]. Liberty Corner, NJ: Reliant Pharmaceuticals, Inc; 2005. Available at: http://www.omacorrx.com/OMACOR/OMACOR_Prescribing_Information.pdf. Accessed April 7, 2006.