Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Dietary supplementation with n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E after myocardial infarction.Lancet. 1999; 354 ([published correction appears in Lancet 2001;357:642]): 447-455
- Early protection against sudden death by n-3 fatty acids after myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2002; 105: 1897-1903
- Left ventricular systolic dysfunction, total mortality, and sudden death in patients with myocardial infarction treated with n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids.Eur J Heart Fail. 2005; 7: 904-909
- Effect of different antilipidemic agents and diets on mortality.Arch Intern Med. 2005; 165: 725-730
- N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in coronary heart disease.Am J Med. 2002; 112: 298-304
- Fish oil supplementation and risk of ventricular tachycardia and ventricular fibrillation in patients with implantable defibrillators.JAMA. 2005; 293: 2884-2891
- Effects of changes in fat, fish, and fibre intakes on death and myocardial reinfarction.Lancet. 1989; 2: 757-761
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of fish oil and mustard oil in patients with suspected acute myocardial infarction.Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 1997; 11: 485-491
- Effects of a high-dose concentrate of n-3 fatty acids or corn oil introduced early after an acute myocardial infarction on serum triacylglycerol and HDL cholesterol.Am J Clin Nutr. 2001; 74: 50-56
- The effect of dietary omega-3 fatty acids on coronary atherosclerosis.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 130: 554-562
- Randomized controlled trial of gamma-linolenic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid in peripheral arterial disease.Clin Nutr. 1998; 17: 265-271
- Controlled trial of fish oil for regression of human coronary atherosclerosis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1995; 25: 1492-1498
Yokoyama M. Effects of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) on major cardiovascular events in hypercholesterolemic patients: the Japan EPA Lipid Intervention Study (JELIS). Presented at the American Heart Association Scientific Sessions; November 14, 2005; Dallas, TX.
- Effects of eicosapentaenoic acid on cardiovascular events in Japanese patients with hypercholesterolemia.Am Heart J. 2003; 146: 613-620
- Prevention of sudden cardiac death by omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids.Pharmacol Ther. 2003; 98: 355-377
- Dietary intake of long-chain omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and the risk of primary cardiac arrest.Am J Clin Nutr. 2000; 71: 208S-212S
- N-3 fatty acids for the prevention of atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass surgery.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 45: 1723-1728
- Rationale and design of a randomised controlled clinical trial on supplemental intake of omega-3 fatty acids and incidence of cardiac arrhythmia.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2003; 57: 1323-1330
- Prevention of fatal arrhythmias in high-risk subjects by fish oil n-3 fatty acid intake.Circulation. 2005; 112: 2762-2768
Brouwer I. SOFA: Study on Omega-3 Fatty Acid and Ventricular Arrhythmia. Presented at the European Society of Cardiology Congress; September 5, 2005; Stockholm, Sweden.
- Usefulness of omega-3 fatty acids and the prevention of coronary heart disease.Am J Cardiol. 2005; 96: 1521-1529
- n-3 Fatty acids in the prevention of cardiac arrhythmias.Lipids. 1999; 34: S187-S189
- Modulation of dihydropyridine-sensitive calcium channels in heart cells by fish oil fatty acids.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992; 89: 1760-1764
- The n-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid increase systemic arterial compliance in humans.Am J Clin Nutr. 2002; 76: 326-330
- Influence of dietary supplementation with long-chain n-3 or n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids on blood inflammatory cell populations and functions and on plasma soluble adhesion molecules in healthy adults.Lipids. 2001; 36: 1183-1193
- Effect of fish oil on heart rate in humans.Circulation. 2005; 112: 1945-1952
- Clinical trials update from the European Society of Cardiology meeting 2005.Eur J Heart Fail. 2005; 7: 1070-1075
- Rationale and design of the GISSI Heart Failure trial.Eur J Heart Fail. 2004; 6: 635-641