Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Historical and scientific basis for the development of plant stanol ester foods as cholesterol-lowering agents.Eur Heart J. 1999; 1: S36-S44
- Efficacy and safety of plant stanols and sterols in the management of blood cholesterol levels.Mayo Clin Proc. 2003; 78: 965-978
- Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) final report.Circulation. 2002; 106: 3143-3421
- Effects of adding fenofibrate (200 mg/day) to simvastatin (10 mg/day) in patients with combined hyperlipidemia and metabolic syndrome.Am J Cardiol. 2003; 91: 956-960
- Quantitation of apolipoprotein B by chemical methods.Methods Enzymol. 1996; 263: 63-82
- Use of a high-sensitivity C-reactive protein assay in evaluating cardiovascular disease risk.Am Clin Lab. 2000; 19: 20-21
- Serum plant sterols and cholesterol precursors reflect cholesterol absorption and synthesis in volunteers of a randomly selected male population.Am J Epidemiol. 1990; 131: 20-31
- Plant sterols as cholesterol-lowering agents.Atherosclerosis. 1977; 28: 325-338
- Lack of efficacy of low-dose sitostanol therapy as an adjunct to a cholesterol-lowering diet in men with moderate hypercholesterolemia.Am J Clin Nutr. 1995; 61: 392-396
- Prediction of coronary heart disease using risk factor categories.Circulation. 1998; 97: 1837-1847
- Effects of a dietary portfolio of cholesterol-lowering foods vs lovastatin on serum lipids and C-reactive protein.JAMA. 2003; 290: 502-510
- A dietary portfolio.Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2004; 6: 492-498
- Incremental reduction of serum total cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol with the addition of plant stanol ester-containing spread to statin therapy.Am J Cardiol. 2000; 86: 46-52
- Achieving lipoprotein goals in patients at high risk with severe hypercholesterolemia.Am Heart J. 2004; 148: 447-455
- Intensive statin therapy in acute coronary syndromes.Curr Opin Lipidol. 2004; 15: 637-643
- Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of once-daily niacin for the treatment of dyslipidemia associated with type 2 diabetes.Arch Intern Med. 2002; 162: 1568-1576
- The effect of fenofibrate on the levels of high sensitivity C-reactive protein in dyslipidemic obese patients.Endocr Res. 2004; 30: 343-349
- A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, factorial design study to evaluate the lipid-altering efficacy and safety profile of the ezetimibe/simvastatin tablet compared with ezetimibe and simvastatin monotherapy in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia.Clin Ther. 2004; 26: 1758-1773
This study was partially supported by an unrestricted research grant from McNeil Nutritionals, the Veterans Affairs Medical Center of Dallas, and the D.W. Reynolds Foundation.