Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pro and con: low-density lipoprotein cholesterol lowering is and will be the key to the future of lipid management.Am J Cardiol. 2001; 87: 8B-12B
- Pro and con: high-density lipoprotein, triglycerides, and other lipid subfractions are the future of lipid management.Am J Cardiol. 2001; 87: 2B-7B
- Apolipoproteins versus lipids as indices of coronary risk and as targets for statin treatment.Lancet. 2003; 361: 777-780
- Concordance/discordance between plasma apolipoprotein B levels and the cholesterol indexes of atherosclerotic risk.Am J Cardiol. 2003; 91: 1173-1177
Dunteman GH. Principal Components Analysis. Sage University Paper Series on Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences (No. 07-069). Newbury Park, CA: Sage Publications, 1989:1–96.
- An investigation of coronary heart disease in families: the Framingham Offspring Study.Am J Epidemiol. 1979; 110: 281-290
- Dextran sulfate-Mg2+ precipitation procedure for quantitation of high-density-lipoprotein cholesterol.Clin Chem. 1982; 28: 1379-1388
- Automated enzymatic standardized lipid analyses for plasma and lipoprotein fractions.Clin Chim Acta. 1987; 166: 1-8
- Factors associated with low and elevated plasma high density lipoprotein cholesterol and apolipoprotein A-I levels in the Framingham Offspring Study.J Lipid Res. 1994; 35: 871-882
- Effects of age, gender, and menopausal status on plasma low density lipoprotein cholesterol and apolipoprotein B levels in the Framingham Offspring Study.J Lipid Res. 1994; 35: 779-792
Kannel WB, Wolf PA, Garrison RJ. Monograph. Section 34: Some Risk Factors Related to the Annual Incidence of Cardiovascular Disease and Death Using Pooled Repeated Biennial Measurements: Framingham Heart Study, 30-Year Follow-Up. Springfield, MA: National Technical Information Service, 1987:1–459.
- Executive summary of the third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III).JAMA. 2001; 285: 2486-2497
The Framingham Heart Study-Offspring Study is conducted and supported by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, in collaboration with the Framingham Heart Study-Offspring Study Investigators.