Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- ACC/AHA/NHLBI clinical advisory on the use and safety of statins.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 567-572
- Combination lipid-lowering therapy with statins: safety issues in the postcerivastatin era.Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2003; 2: 269-286
Graham DJ, Staffa JA, Shatin D, Andrade SE, Schech SD, La Grenade L, Gurwitz JH, Chan KA, Goodman MJ, Platt R. Incidence of hospitalized rhabdomyolysis in patients treated with lipid-lowering drugs. JAMA 204;292:2585–2590.
- Cerivastatin and reports of fatal rhabdomyolysis.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 539-540
- Expanded Clinical Evaluation of Lovastatin (EXCEL) study.Arch Intern Med. 1991; 151: 43-49
- Primary prevention of acute coronary events with lovastatin in men and women with average cholesterol levels.JAMA. 1998; 279: 1615-1622
- History, physical exam, and laboratory tests in the evaluation of myopathy.in: Wortmann R.L. Diseases of Skeletal Muscle. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2000: 264-265
- Spontaneous reports cannot serve as a basis for comparison of two drugs.Am J Cardiol. 2003; 92: 1141-1142
US Food and Drug Administration. Annual adverse drug experience report: 1996. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/cder/dpe/annrep96/index.htm. Accessed February 24, 2005.
- Rhabdomyolysis with HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors and gemfibrozil combination therapy.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2004; 13: 417-426
- Plasma concentrations of active lovastatin acid are markedly increased by gemfibrozil but not by bezafibrate.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2001; 69: 340-345
- Effects of fibrates on metabolism of statins in human hepatocytes.Drug Metab Disp. 2002; 30: 1280-1287
- The case for over-the-counter statins.Am J Cardiol. 2004; 94: 753-756
This study was sponsored by J&J/Merck, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania.