Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The fifth report of the Joint National Committee on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure (JNC-V).Arch Intern Med. 1993; 153: 154-183
- 1993 Guidelines for the management of high hypertension: memorandum from a World Health Organization/International Society of Hypertension meeting.Hypertension. 1993; 22: 392-403
- Modern strategies to prevent coronary sequelae and stroke in hypertensive patients differ from the JNC V consensus guidelines.Am J Hypertens. 1994; 7: 859-872
- Major outcomes in high-risk hypertensive patients randomized to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor or calcium channel blocker vs. diuretic: the Anti-Hypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT).JAMA. 2002; 288: 2981-2997
- The Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure.JAMA. 2003; 289: 2560-2572
Kostis JB, Wilson AC, Freudenberger RS, Cosgrove NM, Pressel SL, Davis BR, for the SHEP Collaborative Research Group. Long-term effect of diuretic-based therapy on fatal outcomes in subjects with isolated systolic hypertension with and without diabetes mellitus. Am J Cardiol 2005;95:29–35.
- Prevention of stroke by antihypertensive drug treatment in older persons with isolated systolic hypertension: final results of the Systolic Hypertension in the Elderly Program (SHEP).JAMA. 1991; 265: 3255-3264