Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Strikingly low circulating CRP concentrations in ultramarathon runners independent of markers of adiposity. How low can you go?.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2003; 23: 1640-1644
- Association of the human Y chromosome with cholesterol levels in the general population.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004; 24: 308-312
- HDL-cholesterol and other plasma lipid and lipoprotein concentrations in middle-aged male and female tennis players.Metabolism. 1980; 29: 745-752
- Lower serum leptin concentrations in rugby players in comparison with healthy non-sporting subjects—relationships to anthropometric and biochemical parameters.Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1998; 79: 58-61
- Effects of the amount and intensity of exercise on plasma lipoproteins.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 1483-1492
- Reduction of inflammatory cytokine concentrations and improvement of endothelial functions in obese women after weight loss over one year.Circulation. 2002; 105: 804-809
- Simvastatin lowers C-reactive protein within 14 days. An effect independent of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol reduction.Circulation. 2002; 106: 1447-1452
- Effect of statin therapy on C-reactive protein levels.JAMA. 2001; 286: 64-70
- Rapid reduction in C-reactive protein with cerivastatin among 785 patients with primary hypercholesterolemia.Circulation. 2001; 103: 1191-1193
- Statins as anti-inflammatory agents.Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2002; 23: 482-486
☆This study was supported by the International Society of Hypertension Clinical Research Fellowship, and the Wellcome Trust International Research Development Award (067827/Z/02/Z), Glasgow, United Kingdom, Dr. Tomaszewski is supported by the Award of the Foundation for Polish Science, Zabrze, Poland.