- Russell-Jones D.L.
- Bates A.T.
- Umpleby A.M.
- Hennessy T.R.
- Bowes S.B.
- Hopkins K.D.
- Jackson N.
- Kelly J.
- Shojaee-Moradie F.
- Jones R.H.
- Piatti P.
- Fragasso G.
- Monti L.D.
- Caumo A.
- Van Phan C.
- Valsecchi G.
- Costa S.
- Fochesato E.
- Pozza G.
- Pontiroli A.E.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Li C.H. Hormonal Proteins, and Peptides. Vol. 12. Academic Press, New York, NY1984
- Insulin-like growth factors I and II. Peptide, messenger ribonucleic acid and gene structures, serum, and tissue concentrations.Endocr Rev. 1989; 10: 68-91
- A comparison of the effects of IGF-1 and insulin on glucose metabolism, fat metabolism and the cardiovascular system in normal human volunteers.Eur J Clin Invest. 1995; 25: 403-411
- Direct demonstration of insulin-like growth factor-1-induced nitric oxide production by endothelial cells.Kidney Int. 1994; 45: 598-604
- Role of nitric oxide in the vasodilator effect of recombinant human growth hormone in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy.Cardiovasc Res. 2000; 45: 447-453
- Nitric oxide synthesis inhibitor prevents vasodilation by insulin-like growth factor 1.Kidney Int. 1991; 39: 333-335
- Potentiation by insulin and insulin-like growth factor-1 of glibenclamide-sensitive K+ currents in follicle-enclosed Xenopus oocytes.Eur J Pharmacol. 1994; 268: 375-380
- Hyperinsulinaemia and microvascular angina (“syndrome X”).Lancet. 1991; 337: 456-457
- Insulin resistance in microvascular angina (syndrome X).Lancet. 1993; 342: 136-140
- Hyperinsulinemia, coronary artery disease and syndrome X.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1994; 23: 364-368
- Endothelial and metabolic characteristics of patients with angina and angiographically normal coronary arteries.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 34: 1452-1460
- “Microvascular angina” as a cause of chest pain with angiographically normal coronary arteries.Am J Cardiol. 1988; 61: 1338-1343
- Both endothelium-dependent and endothelium-independent function is impaired in patients with angina pectoris and normal coronary angiograms.Eur Heart J. 1997; 18: 60-68
- Estimates of in vivo insulin action in man.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1989; 68: 374-378
- Evaluation of the quality of bedside monitoring of the blood glucose level in a teaching hospital.Can Med Assoc J. 1988; 139: 23-26
- The effect of an intravenous infusion of IGF-I and insulin on IGFBP-1, IGFBP-3, acid labile subunit, free and bound IGF-I, catecholamines and potassium in normal volunteers during an amino acid and glucose clamp.Clin Endocrinol. 1997; 47: 685-691
- Different effects of IGF-1 on insulin-stimulated glucose uptake in adipose tissue and skeletal muscle.Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2000; 278: E729-E737
- Insulin-like growth factor-I and insulin have no differential effects on glucose production and utilization under conditions of hyperglycemia.Endocrinology. 1994; 134: 2251-2258
- Insulin receptor down-regulation and impaired antilipolytic action of insulin in diabetic patients after pancreas/kidney transplantation.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1994; 78: 657-663
- Insulin resistance is mediated by a proteolytic fragment of the insulin receptor.J Biol Chem. 1995; 270: 24972-24981
☆This study was financially supported by the “Fondazione internazionale per il Cuore,” Rome, Italy.