Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Cardiology
- 1999 Heart and Stroke Statistical Update. American Heart Association, Dallas1999
- Executive Summary of the Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III).JAMA. 2001; 285: 2486-2497
- Prevention of coronary heart disease in clinical practice.Eur Heart J. 1998; 19: 1453-1503
- Physician noncompliance with the 1993 National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP-ATPII) guidelines.Circulation. 1998; 98: 851-855
- Randomised trial of cholesterol lowering in 4444 patients with coronary heart disease.Lancet. 1994; 344: 1383-1389
- Prevention of coronary heart disease with pravastatin in men with hypercholesterolemia.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1301-1307
- The effect of pravastatin on coronary events after myocardial infarction in patients with average cholesterol levels.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1001-1009
- Prevention of cardiovascular events and death with pravastatin in patients with coronary heart disease and a broad range of initial cholesterol levels.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 1349-1357
- Effects of lowering average or below-average cholesterol levels on the progression of carotid atherosclerosis.Circulation. 1998; 97: 1784-1790
- Primary prevention of acute coronary events with lovastatin in men and women with average cholesterol levels.JAMA. 1998; 279: 1615-1622
- Stroke, statins, and cholesterol.Stroke. 1997; 28: 946-950
- Effect of lovastatin on early carotid atherosclerosis and cardiovascular events.Circulation. 1994; 90: 1679-1687
- Lipid-lowering interventions in angiographic trials.Am J Cardiol. 1995; 76: 86C-92C
- Influence of pravastatin and plasma lipids on clinical events in the West of Scotland Coronary Prevention Study (WOSCOPS).Circulation. 1998; 97: 1440-1445
- Distribution of lipids in 8,500 men with coronary artery disease.Am J Cardiol. 1995; 75: 1196-1201
- Small LDL, atherogenic dyslipidemia, and the metabolic syndrome.Circulation. 1997; 95: 1-4
- Plaque stabilization.Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 1994; 37: 107-120
- The effect of aggressive lowering of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and low-dose anticoagulation on obstructive changes in saphenous-vein coronary-artery bypass grafts.N Engl J Med. 1997; 336: 153-162
- Prognostic significance of progression of coronary atherosclerosis.Circulation. 1993; 87: 1067-1075
- Long-term effects on clinical outcomes of aggressive lowering of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and low-dose anticoagulation in the Post Coronary Artery Bypass Graft trial.Circulation. 2000; 102: 157-165
- Aggressive lipid lowering compared with angioplasty in stable coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 70-76
LaRosa JC. Effect of lowering LDL-C beyond currently recommended minimum targets: the Treating to New Targets (TNT) study. In: Program and Abstracts of the XIII International Symposium on Drugs Affecting Lipid Metabolism. Florence, Italy, May 30–June 3, 1998.
Welch KMA, for the SPARCL Steering Committee. Effect of atorvastatin compared with placebo on cerebrovascular endpoints in patients with a previous stroke or TIA: the SPARCL study. Abstract presented at the European Stroke Conference, May 27–30, 1998.
- Rationale and design of the Myocardial Ischemia Reduction with Aggressive Cholesterol Lowering (MIRACL) study that evaluates atorvastatin in unstable angina pectoris and in non-Q-wave acute myocardial infarction.Am J Cardiol. 1998; 81: 578-581
- Effects of atorvastatin on early recurrent ischemic events in patients with acute coronary syndromes.JAMA. 2001; 285: 1711-1718
- Cholesterol lowering.Circulation. 1999; 99: 3215-3217
- Effect of simvastatin on ischemic signs and symptoms in the Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4S).Am J Cardiol. 1998; 81: 333-335