Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Top 200 drugs.Am Drug. 1999; 216: 41-48
- Valvular heart disease associated with fenfluramine-phentermine.N Engl J Med. 1997; 337: 581-588
[anonymous] Cardiac valvulopathy associated with exposure to fenfluramine or dexfenfluramine: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services interim public health recommendations, November 1997. MMWR 1997;46:1061–1066.
- A population-based study of appetite-suppressant drugs and the risk of cardiac-valve regurgitation.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 719-724
- The prevalence of cardiac valvular insufficiency assessed by transthoracic echocardiography in obese patients treated with appetite-suppressant drugs.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 713-718
- An assessment of heart-valve abnormalities in obese patients taking dexfenfluramine, sustained-release dexfenfluramine, or placebo.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 725-732
- Making medicines safer, the need for a drug safety board.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 1851-1854
- Detailed examination of fenfluramine-phenteramine users with valve abnormalities identified in Fargo, North Dakota.Am J Cardiol. 1999; 84: 304-308
- Fenfluramine and phentermine and cardiovascular findings.Circulation. 2000; 101: 2071-2077
- Valvular abnormalities and cardiovascular status following exposure to dexfenfluramine or phentermine/fenfluramine.JAMA. 2000; 283: 1703-1709
- Valve disease associated with ergot alkaloid use.Ann Intern Med. 1992; 117: 50-52
- Carcinoid heart disease.Circulation. 1993; 87: 1188-1196
- Carcinoid heart disease.Circulation. 1995; 92: 790-795
- Neurological mechanisms involved in antidepressant therapies.Clin Neuropharmacol. 1993; 16: 387-400
- Possible role of valvular serotonin 5-HT2B receptors in the valvular heart disease associated with fenfluramine.Circulation. 1999; 100: 1-5
- Estimating causal effects from large data sets using propensity scores.Ann Intern Med. 1997; 127: 757-763
- Evaluation of aortic insufficiency by Doppler color flow mapping.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1987; 9: 952-959
- Color Doppler assessment of mitral regurgitation with orthogonal planes.Circulation. 1987; 75: 175-183
- The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data.Biometrics. 1977; 33: 159-174
- Fluoxetine.N Engl J Med. 1994; 331: 1354-1361
☆This study was supported by grants from Pfizer, New York, New York; SmithKline Beecham, Collegeville, Pennsylvania, and Eli Lilly, Indianapolis, Indiana; and Patient Oriented Mid-Career Investigator Award K24 HL03995-01 from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland. Manuscript received July 17, 2000; revised manuscript received and accepted October 30, 2000.