Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Rubins HB, Robins SJ, Collins D, Iramanesh A, Wilt TJ, Mann D, Mayo-Smith M, Faas FH, Elam MB, Rutan GH, et al. Distribution of lipids in 8,500 men with coronary artery disease: Department of Veterans Affairs HDL Intervention Trial Study Group. Am J Cardiol 1995;75:1196–1201.
- Cholesterol-lowering therapy in women and elderly patients with myocardial infarction or angina pectoris.Circulation. 1997; 96: 4211-4218
- Effect of pravastatin on cardiovascular events in women after myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1998; 32: 140-146
- Effects of fats and fatty acids on blood lipids in humans.Am J Clin Nutr. 1994; 60: 1017S-1022S
- Effect of low-dose alcohol use versus abstention on apolipoproteins A-1 and B.Am J Med. 1988; 84: 884-890
- Primary prevention of acute coronary events with lovastatin in men and women with average cholesterol levels.Jama. 1998; 279: 1615-1622
Post-CABG Trial Investigators. The effect of aggressive lowering of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and low-dose anticoagulation on obstructive changes in saphenous-vein coronary-artery bypass grafts. N Engl J Med 1997;336:153–162.
Jones P, Kafonek S, Laurora I, Hunninghake D. Comparative dose efficacy study of atorvastatin versus simvastatin, pravastatin, and fluvastatin in patients with hypercholesterolemia (the CURVES study). Am J Cardiol 1998;81:582–587.
Rubins HB, Robins SJ, Collins D, Fye CL, Anderson JW, Elam MB, Faas FH, Linares E, Schaefer EJ, Schectman G, Wilt TJ, Wittes J, for the Veterans Affairs High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Intervention Trial Study Group. Gemfibrozil for the secondary prevention of coronary heart disease in men with low levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol. N Engl J Med 1999;341:410–418.
- Estrogen and progestin, lipoprotein (a), and the risk of recurrent coronary heart disease events after menopause.Jama. 2000; 283: 1845-1852
- Randomized trial of estrogen plus progestin for secondary prevention of coronary heart disease in postmenopausal women.Jama. 1998; 280: 605-613
- Niacin decreases removal of high-density lipoprotein apolipoprotein A-I but not cholesterol ester by Hep G2 cells.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1997; 17: 2020-2028
Guyton JR, Blazing MA, Hagar J, Kashyap ML, Knopp RH, McKenney JM, Nash DT, Nash SD. Extended-release niacin vs gemfibrozil for the treatment of low levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol: Niaspan-Gemfibrozil Study Group. Arch Intern Med 2000;160:1177–1184.
Kashyap ML, Evans R, Simmons PD, Kohler RM, McGovern ME. New combination niacin/statin formulation shows pronounced effects on major lipoproteins and is well-tolerated. (Abstr.) J Am Coll Cardiol 2000;35(suppl A):326A.
Kos Pharmaceuticals Inc., Miami, FL (unpublished data).