Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
American Heart Association. 2000 Heart and Stroke Statistical Update. Dallas, Tex.: American Heart Association, 1999.
The Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study Group. Randomized trial of cholesterol-lowering in 4444 patients with coronary heart disease: the Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4S). Lancet 1994;344:1383–1389.
- The effect of pravastatin on coronary events after myocardial infarction in patients with average cholesterol levels.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1001-1009
The Long-term Intervention with Pravastatin in Ischaemic Disease (LIPID) Study Group. Prevention of cardiovascular events and death with pravastatin in patients with coronary heart disease and a broad range of initial cholesterol levels. N Engl J Med 1998;339:1349–1357.
- Prevention of coronary heart disease with pravastatin in men with hypercholesterolemia.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1301-1307
- Primary prevention of acute coronary events with lovastatin in men and women with average cholesterol levels.Jama. 1998; 279: 1615-1622
- Pathological changes in surgically removed aortocoronary vein grafts.Ann Thorac Surg. 1974; 21: 524-527
- The relation of risk factors to the development of atherosclerosis in saphenous-vein bypass grafts and the progression of disease in the native circulation.N Engl J Med. 1984; 311: 1329-1332
- Atherosclerosis in aortocoronary bypass grafts.Arteriosclerosis. 1986; 6: 594-600
Daida H, Yokoi H, Miyano H, Mokuno H, Satoh H, Kottke TE, Hosoda Y, Yamaguchi H. Relation of saphenous vein graft obstruction to serum cholesterol levels. J Am Coll Cardiol 1995:25:193–197.
- The Lipid Treatment Assessment Project (L-TAP).Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 459-467
- Beneficial effects of combined colestipol niacin therapy on coronary atherosclerosis and coronary venous bypass grafts.Jama. 1987; 257: 3233-3240
- Beneficial effects of colestipol-niacin on coronary atherosclerosis.Jama. 1990; 264: 3013-3017
- Progression of coronary artery disease predicts clinical coronary events.Circulation. 1996; 93: 34-41
The Post Coronary Bypass Graft Trial Investigators. The effect of aggressive lowering of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and low-dose anticoagulation on obstructive changes in saphenous-vein coronary-artery bypass grafts. N Engl J Med 1997;336:153–162.
- Pravastatin prevents clinical events in revascularized patients with average cholesterol concentrations.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 34: 106-112
- Aggressive cholesterol lowering delays saphenous vein graft atherosclerosis in women, the elderly, and patients with associated risk factors.Circulation. 1999; 99: 2341-2347
- Serum triglycerides and HDL cholesterol.Eur Heart J. 1994; 15: 747-752
Foody JM, Pearce GL, Ferdinand FD, Lytle BW, Cosgrove DM, Sprecher DL. HDL predicts survival in post-CABG men: 20-year experience from The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. (Abstr.) Circulation 1999;100(suppl):I-94.
- Prevention of the angiographic progression of coronary and vein-graft atherosclerosis by gemfibrozil after coronary bypass surgery in men with low levels of HDL cholesterol.Circulation. 1997; 96: 2137-2143
Libby P. Molecular bases of the acute coronary syndromes. Circulation 1995;91:2844–2850.
Nissen, SE. Rationale for a post intervention continuum of care: insights from intravascular ultrasound. Am J Cardiol 2000;86(suppl):12H–17H.
- A comparison of angioplasty with medical therapy in the treatment of single-vessel coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 1992; 326: 10-16
RITA-2 trial participants. Coronary angioplasty versus medical therapy for angina: the second Randomised Intervention Treatment of Angina (RITA-2) trial. Lancet 1997;350:461–468.
- Asymptomatic Cardiac Ischemia Pilot (ACIP) study two-year follow-up.Circulation. 1997; 95: 2037-2043
- Aggressive lipid-lowering therapy compared with angioplasty in stable coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 1999; 34: 70-76
- Atorvastatin Versus Revascularization Treatment (AVERT).Am Heart J. 2000; 140: 6-9
- Medical therapy versus percutaneous coronary intervention.Curr Pract Med. 1999; 2: 225-227
- ACC/AHA/ACP-ASIM guidelines for the management of patients with chronic stable angina.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 33: 2092-2197