Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
AHA Heart and Stroke Guide: Women, Heart Disease, and Stroke Statistics. www.americanheart.org.
- Contributions of the Framingham Study to the conquest of coronary artery disease.Am J Cardiol. 1988; 62: 1109-1112
Abbott RD, Wilson PWF, Kannel WB, Castelli WP. High density lipoprotein cholesterol, total cholesterol screening, and myocardial infarction: the Framingham Study. Arteriosclerosis 1988;8:207–211.
- The association of low levels of HDL cholesterol and arteriographically defined coronary artery disease.Am J Epidemiol. 1979; 109: 285-295
- High-density lipoprotein cholesterol and cardiovascular disease.Circulation. 1989; 79: 8-15
- Dyslipidemias with desirable plasma total cholesterol levels and angiographically demonstrated coronary artery disease.Am J Cardiol. 1990; 65: 1-5
Barnard RJ. Effects of life-style modification on serum lipids. Arch Intern Med 1991l;151:1389–1394.
- Effect of pravastatin on cardiovascular events in women after myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1998; 32: 140-146
- Cholesterol-lowering therapy in women and elderly patients with myocardial infarction or angina pectoris.Circulation. 1997; 96: 4211-4218
- Contrasting effects of unmodified and time-release forms of niacin on lipoproteins in hyperlipidemic subjects.Metabolism. 1985; 34: 642-650
Niaspan patient information Package Insert. Kos Pharmaceuticals, 1998.
- Analysis of the degree of undertreatment of hyperlipidemia and congestive heart failure secondary to coronary artery disease.Am J Cardiol. 1999; 83: 1303-1307
Miller M, Byington R, Hunninghake D, Pitt B, Furberg CD, for the Prospective Randomized Evaluation of the Vascular Effects of Norvasc Trial (PREVENT) Investigators. Sex bias and underutilization of lipid-lowering therapy in patients with coronary artery disease at academic medical centers in the United States and Canada. Arch Intern Med 2000;160:343–347.
The Writing Group for the PEPI Trial. Effects of estrogen or estrogen/progestin regimens on heart disease risk factors in postmenopausal women. Jama 1995;273:199–208.
Hulley S, Grady D, Bush T, Furberg C, Herrington D, Riggs B, Vittinghoff E, for the Heart and Estrogen/progestin Replacement Study (HERS) Research Group. Randomized trial of estrogen plus progestin for secondary prevention of coronary artery disease in postmenopausal women. Jama 1998;280:605–613.
Sbarouni E, Kyriakides ZS, Kremastinos DTh. The effect of hormone replacement therapy alone and in combination with simvastatin on plasma lipids of cholesterolemic postmenopausal women with coronary artery disease. J Am Coll Cardiol 1998;32:1244–1250.
- Effects of raloxifene on serum lipids and coagulation factors in healthy postmenopausal women (see comments).Jama. 1998; 279: 1445-1451