Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Randomised trial of cholesterol lowering in 4444 patients with coronary heart disease.Lancet. 1994; 344: 1383-1389
- The effect of pravastatin on coronary events after myocardial infarction in patients with average cholesterol levels.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1001-1009
- Prevention of cardiovascular events and death with pravastatin in patients with coronary heart disease and a broad range of initial cholesterol levels.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 1349-1357
- Regression of coronary artery disease as a result of intensive lipid-lowering therapy in men with high levels of apolipoprotein B.N Engl J Med. 1990; 323: 1289-1295
- Effect of simvastatin on coronary atheroma.Lancet. 1994; 344: 633-638
- Myocardial perfusion and regression of coronary artery disease in patients on a regimen of intensive physical exercise and low fat diet.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1992; 19: 34-42
- The effect of aggressive lowering of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and low-dose anticoagulation on obstructive changes in saphenous-vein coronary-artery bypass grafts.N Engl J Med. 1997; 336: 153-163
- Effects on coronary artery disease of lipid-lowering diet, or diet plus cholestyramine, in the St Thomas Atherosclerosis Regression Study (STARS).Lancet. 1992; 339: 563-569
- Effects of lipid lowering by pravastatin on progression and regression of coronary artery disease in symptomatic men with normal to moderately elevated serum cholesterol levels.Circulation. 1995; 91: 2528-2540
- Strategies for the prevention of coronary heart disease.Eur Heart J. 1987; 8: 77-88
- Validation of a new automatic system for biplane quantitative coronary arteriography.Int J Card Imaging. 1990; 5: 93-103
- Analytic isocenter calibration.Angiology. 1995; 46: 577-582
- Improvement of quantitative angiography by exact calculation of radiological magnification factors.Comp Cardiol. 1985; 12: 359-362
- Optimizing edge detection in quantitative coronary arteriography.Comp Cardiol. 1993; 20: 583-586
- Accuracy and precision of the analytic calibration method in quantitative coronary arteriography.Comput Cardiol. 1996; 23: 553-556
- Comparative in-vitro validation of eight first- and second-generation quantitative coronary angiography systems.Coron Artery Dis. 1997; 8: 83-90
- Foreshortening display.Comp Cardiol. 1998; 25: 437-440
- Prevention of coronary heart disease with pravastatin in men with hypercholesterolemia.N Engl J Med. 1995; 33: 1301-1307
- Kuopio Atherosclerosis Prevention Study (KAPS).Circulation. 1995; 92: 1758-1764
- Effect of pravastatin on angiographic restenosis after coronary balloon angioplasty.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1997; 30: 863-869
- Lack of effect of lovastatin on restenosis after coronary angioplasty.N Engl J Med. 1994; 331: 1331-1337
- Antiatherothrombotic properties of statins.JAMA. 1998; 279: 1643-1650
- Pravastatin therapy in hyperlipidemia.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 33: 1294-1304
- A European Society of Cardiology survey of secondary prevention of coronary heart disease.Eur Heart J. 1997; 18: 1569-1582
Schwartz GG, Oliver MF, Ezekowitz MD, Ganz P, Waters D, Kane JP, Texter M, Pressler ML, Black D, Chaitman BR, Olsson AG. Rationale and design of the Myocardial Ischemia Reduction with Aggressive Cholesterol Lowering (MIRACL) study that evaluates atorvastatin in unstable angina pectoris and in non–Q-wave acute myocardial infarction. Am J Cardiol 1998;81:578–581.
☆This study was supported in part by a grant from Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Munich, Germany. Manuscript received February 14, 2000; revised manuscript received and accepted June 20, 2000.