- Vita J.A.
- Treasure C.B.
- Yeung A.C.
- Vekshtein V.I.
- Fantasia G.M.
- Fish R.D.
- Ganz P.
- Selwyn A.P.
Summary of the second report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel II).
- Sacks F.M.
- Pfeffer M.A.
- Moye L.A.
- Rouleau J.R.
- Rutherford J.D.
- Cole T.G.
- Brown L.
- Wornica J.W.
- Arnold J.M.O.
- Wun C.C.
- Davis B.R.
- Braunwald E.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Patients with evidence of coronary endothelial dysfunction as assessed by acetylcholine infusion demonstrate marked increase in sensitivity to constrictor effects of catecholamines.Circulation. 1992; 85: 1390-1397
- Impaired endothelium-dependent vasodilation of forearm resistance vessels in hypercholesterolemia.Lancet. 1992; 340: 1430-1432
- The effect of cholesterol reduction on the endothelial function and progression of atherosclerisis in WHHL rabbits.Atherosclerosis. 1993; 103: 221-230
- Lack of endothelium-dependent relaxation in coronary resistance arteries of cholesterol-fed rabbits.Am J Physiol. 1989; 256: C591-C597
- Beneficial effects of cholesterol-lowering therapy on the coronary endothelium in patients with coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 1995; 332: 481-487
- Beneficial effect of cholesterol-lowering therapy on coronary endothelium-dependent relaxation in hypercholesterolemic patients.Lancet. 1993; 341: 1496-1500
- Vascular function in the forearm of hypercholesterolemic patients off and on lipid-lowering medication.Lancet. 1995; 346: 467-471
- Summary of the second report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel II).JAMA. 1993; 269: 3015-3023
- The effect of pravastatin on coronary events after myocardial infarction in patients with average cholesterol levels. Cholesterol and Recurrent Events Trial investigators.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1001-1009
- Prevention of cardiovascular events and death with pravastatin in patients with coronary heart disease and broad range of initial cholesterol levels.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 1349-1357
- The effect of aggressive lowering of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and low-dose anticoagulation on obstructive changes in saphenous-vein coronary-artery bypass grafts.N Engl J Med. 1997; 336: 153-162
- Non-invasive detection of endothelial dysfunction in children and adults at risk of atherosclerosis.Lancet. 1992; 340: 1111-1115
- Technical aspects of evaluating brachial artery vasodilation using high frequency ultrasound.Am J Physiol. 1995; 268: H1397-H1404
- Estimation of the concentration of low density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge.Clin Chem. 1972; 18: 499-502
- The effect of cholesterol-lowering and antioxidant therapy on endothelium-dependent coronary vasomotion.N Engl J Med. 1995; 332: 488-493
- Single apheresis improves endothelium-dependent vasodilatation in hypercholesterolemic humans.Circulation. 1997; 95: 76-82
- Changes in flow-mediated brachial artery vasoactivity with lowering of desirable cholesterol levels in healthy middle-aged men.Am J Cardiol. 1996; 77: 37-40
- Statins do more than just lower cholesterol.Lancet. 1996; 348: 1079-1082
- Serum cholesterol as a prognostic factor after myocardial infarction.Ann Intern Med. 1991; 115: 687-693
☆This study was supported in part by Save A Heart Foundation, Los Angeles, California and Asta Medica Company, Inc., Vienna, Austria.