Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Wood D, De Backer G, Faergeman O, Graham I, Mancia G, Pyörälä K, with members of the Task Force. Prevention of coronary heart disease in clinical practice. Recommendations of the Second Joint Task Force of European and other Societies on coronary prevention. Eur Heart J 1998;19:1434–1503.
- Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge.Clin Chem. 1972; 18: 499-502
- Comparative dose efficacy study of atorvastatin versus simvastatin, pravastatin, lovastatin, and fluvastatin in patients with hypercholesterolemi (The CURVES Study).Am J Cardiol. 1998; 81: 582-587
- Comparison of long-term efficacy and safety of cerivastatin versus pravastatin in primary hypercholesterolaemia.J Clin Res. 1999; 2: 141-153
- Randomised trial of cholesterol lowering in 4444 patients with coronary heart disease.Lancet. 1994; 344: 1383-1389
- Cholesterol lowering with simvastatin improves prognosis of diabetic patients with coronary disease. The Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4S) Group.Diabetes Care. 1997; 20: 614-620
- Mortality from coronary heart disease in subjects with type 2 diabetes and in nondiabetic subjects with and without prior myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 229-234
- Lipids and cardiovascular disease.in: Yusuf S Cairns J.A Camm A.J Fallen E.L Gersh B.J Evidence-Based Cardiology. BMJ Books, London, UK1998: 191-205
- Effects for statins on risk of coronary disease.JAMA. 1999; 282: 2340-2346
- The effect of pravastatin on coronary events after acute myocardial infarction in patients with average cholesterol levels.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1001-1009
Shepherd J, Cobbe SM, Lorimer AR, McKillop JH, Ford I, Packard CJ, MacFarlane PW, for the West of Scotland Coronary Prevention Group. West of Scotland Coronary Study: identification of high-risk groups and comparison with other cardiovascular intervention trials. Lancet 1996;348:1339–1342.
- Treatment patterns and distribution of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in treatment-eligible United States adults.Am J Cardiol. 1998; 82: 61-65
- Primary prevention of acute coronary events with lovastatin in men and women with average cholesterol levels.JAMA. 1998; 279: 1615-1622
- Relation between baseline and on-treatment lipid parameters and first acute major coronary events in the Air Force/Texas Coronary Atherosclerosis Prevention Study (AFCAPS/TexCAPS).Circulation. 2000; 101: 477-484
- Dyslipidemia and atherosclerosis.Curr Opin Lipidol. 1999; 10: 383-386
- Report of the Expert Committee on the Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus.Diabetes Care. 1998; 21: S5-S19
- LDL cholesterol as a strong predictor of coronary heart disease in diabetic individuals with insulin resistance and low LDL. The Strong Heart Study.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2000; 20: 830-835
☆This study was supported by grants from Merck Sharp & Dohme, Drammen, Norway.