Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Bilirubin is an antioxidant of possible physiological importance.Science. 1987; 235: 1043-1046
- Antioxidant activity of albumin-bound bilirubin.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987; 84: 5918-5922
- Free and albumin-bound bilirubin are efficient co-antioxidants for alpha-tocopherol, inhibiting plasma and low density lipoprotein lipid peroxidation.J Biol Chem. 1994; 269: 16712-16719
- Inflammation, atherosclerosis, and coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 1685-1695
- Serum bilirubin and risk of ischemic heart disease in middle-aged British men.Clin Chem. 1995; 41: 1504-1508
- Effect of serum albumin and bilirubin on the risk of myocardial infarction (the Framingham Offspring Study).Am J Cardiol. 2003; 91: 485-488
- Cardiovascular events as a function of serum bilirubin levels in a large, statin-treated cohort.Circulation. 2012; 126: 2556-2564
- Asymptomatic subjects with diabetes have a comparable risk of coronary artery disease to non-diabetic subjects presenting chest pain: a 4-year community-based prospective study.BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2013; 13: 87
- Executive summary of the third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III).JAMA. 2001; 285: 2486-2497
- The Asia-Pacific Perspective: Redefining Obesity and Its Treatment.(Australia)2000: 20
- Prediction of coronary heart disease using risk factor categories.Circulation. 1998; 97: 1837-1847
- Third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) final report.Circulation. 2002; 106: 3143-3421
- Impact of the metabolic syndrome on mortality from coronary heart disease, cardiovascular disease, and all causes in United States adults.Circulation. 2004; 110: 1245-1250
- Higher serum bilirubin level as a protective factor for the development of diabetes in healthy Korean men: A 4year retrospective longitudinal study.Metabolism. 2014; 63: 87-93
- Serum bilirubin levels are inversely associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.Clin Mol Hepatol. 2012; 18: 383-390
- Abdominal obesity, insulin resistance, and cardiovascular risk in pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes.Eur Heart J Suppl. 2006; 8: B20-B25
- Association of bilirubin with coronary artery calcification and cardiovascular events in the general population without known liver disease: the Heinz Nixdorf Recall study.Clin Res Cardiol. 2014; 103: 647-653
- Genetically elevated bilirubin and risk of ischaemic heart disease: three Mendelian randomization studies and a meta-analysis.J Intern Med. 2013; 273: 59-68
- Relationship between bilirubin and C-reactive protein.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2011; 49: 1823-1828
- Heme oxygenase-1 gene expression as a stress index to ocular irritation.Curr Eye Res. 1999; 19: 115-122
- Heme oxygenase-1-A novel drug target for atherosclerotic diseases?.Circulation. 2006; 114: 2178-2189
- Prevalence of coronary heart disease in the Framingham Offspring Study: role of lipoprotein cholesterols.Am J Cardiol. 1980; 46: 649-654
Drs. Song and Koo equally contributed to this work.
See page 1700 for disclosure information.