Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- USA marathoning: 2009 overview.
- Major adverse cardiac events during endurance sports.Am J Cardiol. 2007; 99: 849-851
- Effect of marathon running on hematologic and biochemical laboratory parameters, including cardiac markers.Am J Clin Pathol. 2002; 118: 856-863
- Statin-associated myopathy.JAMA. 2003; 289: 1681-1690
- Lovastatin increases exercise-induced skeletal muscle injury.Metabolism. 1997; 46: 1206-1210
- Metabolic changes following eccentric exercise in trained and untrained men.J Appl Physiol. 1986; 61: 1864-1868
- Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge.Clin Chem. 1972; 18: 499-502
- Physical activity and incidence of hypertension in college alumni.Am J Epidemiol. 1983; 117: 245-257
- Evaluation of hemoconcentration from hematocrit measurements.J Appl Physiol. 1972; 32: 712-713
- The rule of 5 and the rule of 7 in lipid-lowering by statin drugs.Am J Cardiol. 1997; 80: 106-107
- Switching statin therapy using a pharmacist-managed therapeutic conversion program versus usual care conversion among indigent patients.Pharmacotherapy. 2008; 28: 553-561
- ACC/AHA/NHLBI clinical advisory on the use and safety of statins.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 567-572
- Influence of tart cherry juice on indices of recovery following marathon running.Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2010; 20: 843-852
- Creatine kinase elevations in marathon runners: relationship to training and competition.Yale J Biol Med. 1980; 53: 275-279
- Creatine kinase-MB isoenzyme adaptations in stressed human skeletal muscle of marathon runners.J Appl Physiol. 1985; 59: 149-153
- Elimination kinetics of myoglobin and creatine kinase in rhabdomyolysis: implications for follow-up.Crit Care Med. 2002; 30: 2212-2215
- Increases in creatine kinase after exercise in patients treated with HMG Co-A reductase inhibitors.JAMA. 1990; 264: 2992
- Effects of exercise and lovastatin on serum creatine kinase activity.Metabolism. 1991; 40: 1333-1336
- Lovastatin use and muscle damage in healthy volunteers undergoing eccentric muscle exercise.West J Med. 1991; 154: 198-200
- ATP and muscle enzyme efflux after physical exertion.Clin Chim Acta. 1975; 59: 241-245
- Creatine kinase monitoring in sport medicine.Br Med Bull. 2007; 81-82: 209-230
- Evaluation of skeletal muscle during calf exercise by 31-phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy in patients on statin medications.Muscle Nerve. 2011; 43: 76-81
- Changes in ubiquitin proteasome pathway gene expression in skeletal muscle with exercise and statins.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005; 25: 2560-2566
- Investigation of gene expression in C(2)C(12) myotubes following simvastatin application and mechanical strain.J Atheroscler Thromb. 2009; 16: 21-29
- Fluvastatin and atorvastatin affect calcium homeostasis of rat skeletal muscle fibers in vivo and in vitro by impairing the sarcoplasmic reticulum/mitochondria Ca2+-release system.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007; 321: 626-634
- Roles of exercise and pharmacokinetics in cerivastatin-induced skeletal muscle toxicity.Toxicol Sci. 2005; 88: 551-561
- Cardiac injury markers in non-elite marathon runners.Int J Sports Med. 2009; 30: 75-79
- The metabolic effects of exercise-induced muscle damage.Exerc Sport Sci Rev. 1991; 19: 99-125
- HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors and the kidney.Kidney Int. 2007; 71: 1215-1222
- Professional athletes suffering from familial hypercholesterolaemia rarely tolerate statin treatment because of muscular problems.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2004; 57: 525-528
This study was funded by a research grant from Hartford Hospital (Hartford, Connecticut).
Dr. Thompson is a consultant for AstraZenica International, Wilmington, Delaware, Merck & Co., Inc., Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, the Schering-Plough Corporation, Kenilworth, New Jersey, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company, Limited, Deerfield, Illinois, Roche, Inc., Indianapolis, Indiana, and Genomas, Inc., Hartford, Connecticut and is a member of the speaker's bureau for Merck & Co., Inc., Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, Pfizer, Inc., Groton, Connecticut, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois, AstraZenica International, Wilmington, Delaware, and the Schering-Plough Corporation, Kenilworth, New Jersey.