Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Erectile dysfunction as a predictor of cardiovascular events and death in diabetic patients with angiographically proven asymptomatic coronary artery disease: a potential protective role for statins and 5-phosphodiesterase inhibitors.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 51: 2040-2044
- A population-based, longitudinal study of erectile dysfunction and future coronary artery disease.Mayo Clin Proc. 2009; 84: 108-113
- Erectile dysfunction and subsequent cardiovascular disease.JAMA. 2005; 294: 2996-3002
- Erectile dysfunction prospectively associated with cardiovascular disease in the Dutch general population: results from the Krimpen study.Int J Impot Res. 2008; 20: 92-99
- Erectile dysfunction and mortality.J Sex Med. 2009; 6: 2445-2454
- A prospective cohort study on the effect of sexual activity, libido and widowhood on mortality among the elderly people: 14-year follow-up of 2,453 elderly Taiwanese.Int J Epidemiol. 2007; 36: 1136-1142
- Sexual intercourse and risk of ischaemic stroke and coronary heart disease: the Caerphilly study.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2002; 56: 99-102
- The health of normally aging men: the Massachusetts Male Aging Study (1987–2004).Exp Gerontol. 2004; 39: 975-984
- 1990 Census of Population and Housing, Summary Tape File 3C—part 1.www.factfinder.census.gov/servlet/DatasetMainPageServlet?_program=DEC&_tabId=DEC2&_submenuId=datasets_1&_lang=en&_ts=267986374663(Accessed August 10, 2009)
- A field approach for obtaining physiological measures in surveys of general populations: response rates, reliability and costs.US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC1984 (US Department of Health and Human Services, ed. Proceedings of the Fourth Conference on Health Survey Research Methods)
- Prediction of coronary heart disease using risk factor categories.Circulation. 1998; 97: 1837-1847
- Age-related variation in sexual activity and interest in normal men: results from the Massachusetts Male Aging Study.in: Rossi A.S. Sexuality Across the Lifecourse: Proceedings of the MacArthur Foundation Research Network on Successful Mid-Life Development, 1992. University of Chicago Press, New York1994: 261-285
- Sexual Experience Scales Manual.Swets and Zeitlinger BV, The Netherlands1976
- The sexual interaction inventory: a new instrument for assessment of sexual dysfunction.Arch Sex Behav. 1974; 3: 585-595
- A new surrogate variable for erectile dysfunction status in the Massachusetts Male Aging Study.J Clin Epidemiol. 2000; 53: 71-78
- National Death Index Plus: Coded Causes of Death Supplement to the National Death Index User's Manual.National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, Maryland1997
- Methods of assessing prevalent cardiovascular disease in the Cardiovascular Health Study.Ann Epidemiol. 1995; 5: 270-277
- Statistical methods in cancer research.(IARC Scientific Publications No. 82) International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon1987
- Regression models and life tables (with discussion).J Royal Stat Soc Series B. 1972; 34: 187-220
Araujo AB, Hall SA, Ganz PA, Kupelian V, Travison TG, Rosen RC, Chiu GR, McKinlay JB. Does erectile dysfunction contribute to cardiovascular disease risk prediction beyond the Framingham risk score? J Am Coll Cardiol In press.
- The International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF): a state-of-the-science review.Int J Impot Res. 2002; 14: 226-244
The Massachusetts Male Aging Study was supported by grant AG04763 from the National Institute on Aging and grants DK51345 and DK44995 from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (Bethesda, MD). Additional support for these analyses was provided by Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, Indiana).