Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Myocardial ischemia during daily life in patients with stable angina: its relation to symptoms and heart rate change.Lancet. 1983; 2: 753-758
- Silent myocardial ischemia due to mental stress.Lancet. 1984; 2: 1001-1005
- Mental arithmetic stress testing in patients with coronary artery disease.Am Heart J. 1984; 108: 56-63
- The quiz electrocardiogram: a new diagnostic and research technique for evaluating the relation between emotional stress and ischemic heart disease.Am J Cardiol. 1976; 37: 41-47
- Mental stress and the induction of silent myocardial ischemia in patients with coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 1988; 318: 1005-1012
- The effects of stress on left ventricular ejection fraction.Eur J Nucl Med. 1980; 14: 12-16
- Transient left ventricular dysfunction during provocative mental stress in patients with coronary artery disease.Am Heart J. 1989; 118: 1-8
- The effect of atherosclerosis on the vasomotor response of coronary arteries to mental stress.N Engl J Med. 1991; 325: 1551-1556
- Hostility, risk of coronary heart disease and mortality.Psychosom Med. 1983; 45: 109-114
- Hostility, CHD incidence, and total mortality: a 25-year follow-up study of 255 physicians.Psychosom Med. 1983; 45: 59-63
- Psychological factors in coronary artery disease epidemiological evidence.Circulation. 1987; 76: I-1117-I-1123
- Analysis of probability as an aid in the clinical diagnosis of coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 1979; 300: 3150-3158
Saab PG, Llabre MM, Hurwitz BE, Frame CA, Reineke LJ, Fins AI, McCalla J, Cieply LK, Schneiderman N. Myocardial and peripheral vascular responses to behavioral challenges and their stability in black and white Americans. Psychophysiology; in press.
- State-Trait Anger Expression Inventory Professional Manual. Psychological Assessment Resources, Odessa, FL1988
- Manual for the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory. Consulting Psychologists Press, Palo Alto, CA1970
- The reliability and specificity of delta versus residualized change as measures of reactivity to laboratory stressors.Psychophysiology. 1991; 28: 701-711
- Exercise radionuclide imaging approaches to coronary artery disease.Am J Cardiol. 1980; 46: 1188-1204
- Cardiovascular differentiation of happiness, sadness, anger, and fear following imagery and exercise.Psychosom Med. 1981; 43: 343-364
- Autonomic nervous system activity distinguishes among emotions.Science. 1983; 221: 1208-1210
- The sympathetic-adrenal and pituitary adrenal response to challenge: Comparison between the sexes.in: Dembroski TM Schmidt H Blumchen G Biobehavioral Bases of Coronary Heart Disease. Karger, Basel1983: 91-105
- Plasma catecholamines in stress and exercise.JAMA. 1980; 243: 340-342
- Effects of catecholamines in clinical heart disease.in: Norepinephrine. vol. 2. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1984: 327-345
- Biobehavioral factors in sudden cardiac death.Psychol Bull. 1991; 109: 42-75
- Delayed myocardial ischemia induced by anger.Circulation. 1987; 75: 249-254
- Ventricular responses to mental stress testing in patients with coronary artery disease: pathophysiological implications.Circulation. 1991; 83: II-137-II-144
☆This study was supported in part by grant MH 16744-07 from the National Institute of Mental Health, Rockville Maryland.