- Status of the 1990 Physical Fitness and Exercise Objectives—evidence from NHIS 1985.Public Health Rep. 1986; 101: 581-592
- Mid-course Review; 1990 Physical Fitness and Exercise Objectives.President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, Washington D.COctober 1985
- The Perrier Body: Fitness in America.in: Perrier, New York1979: 54-56
- The Exercise Standards Book. American Heart Association, Dallas1981: 41-47 Third edition.
- The recommended quantity and quality of exercise for developing and maintaining fitness in healthy adults.Med Sci Sports. 1978; 10: 7-10
- New Weight Standards for Men and Women.New York: Statistical Bulletin. 1989; (November–December)
- Comparison of the effectiveness of self-monitored homebased moderate-intensity exercise training in middle-aged men and women.Am J Cardiol. 1987; 60: 66-70
- Assessment of prescribed increases in physical activity: application of a new method for microprocessor analysis of heart rate.Am J Cardiol. 1986; 57: 441-445
- Clinical applications of perceived exertion.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1982; 14: 406-411
- Assessment by a portable microprocessor of adherence to homebased moderate-intensity exercise training in healthy, sedentary middle-aged men and women.Am J Cardiol. 1987; 60: 71-75
- Strategies for increasing early adherence to and long-term maintenance of home-based exercise training in healthy middle-aged men and women.Am J Cardiol. 1987; 61: 628-632
- Physical activity and the evidence of coronary heart disease.Public Health Rev. 1987; 8: 253-287
- Leisure-time physical activity levels and risk of coronary heart disease and death: the Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial.JAMA. 1987; 258: 2388-2395
☆This study was supported in part by grant HL-36272 from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland.